Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Service Pack 4 fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

choccylad

IS-IT--Management
Oct 22, 2003
GB
Does anyone have the fix for getting the optimizer working with SP4 on certain installation of Exchange 5.5 .

You can't get the fix from the Microsoft site unless paid for which is sad.

Anyone ?

Are you sure you have to pay for this fix? I have called Microsoft technical support several different times for fixes and I just tell them that I need a hotfix and then provide them with the KB article. They have always given me the hotfixes and they have not charged me for the calls.

Oh,

I will try but I assumed that any call to Microsoft of a tecnical nature would have been chargable from my experience.

I will give them a call.

Thanks.
Ori.

You are correct that Microsoft charges for technical support, however, they waive the fee if you just need a hotfix. I can't believe that I've had to call them twice in the past month for hotfixes! Beware of Outlook 2003, it does some strange things to Exhange 5.5, such as crashing the information store and crashing OWA. Luckily Microsoft offers patches for these issues as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back