Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Service Observe FROM a VDN

Status
Not open for further replies.

HertsARV

Technical User
Feb 8, 2011
GB
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to service observe from a VDN please?

I want to use a Special Application (8893 - Blast Dial) for blast dial that calls a pre-defined list of participants when a user calls a specific VDN. 7 participants are normal extensions but I want the 8th to be the Service Observe feature access code plsu the extension to be observed.

In other words,I want to be able to service observe a call and make all of the blast dial participants observers.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Not sure I quite understand, but there is a limitation that only 2 people can SO at a time anyway - and that's if it is enabled. the default is 1.

The Avaya documentation EAS and Vectoring Guide has some well-written info on SO in a vector, maybe check that out

Andy Backs
CBTS

Screen 2 of the VDN, "Observe on Agent Answer?" Y

“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.”

- Epicurus

Yes you can SO a VDN, but I'ver never tried to what you're trying to do. Try it out and let us know how it works.

We currently run this setup... Of course, we don't allow more than one mgr to SO at a time. It works for them.

“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.”

- Epicurus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back