Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Service Observe between locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

MQH12

Technical User
Aug 2, 2010
US
The request is to SO an agent. The mngr & the agent are at the same location that reside off of a MG430. I am on an S8700 in another location, and I am able to SO them from my office, We have another MG430 that can SO from their office, but these two particular locations can not SO their agents. I thought I would set up remote access & all that, and my boss said they should just be able to press the SO button, get dialtone and enter the LIID. Eh...this is gonna probably be digging thru route patterns etc. If you have an easier idea of what I missed or where I can go to get started. I did compare the FRL's in the route patterns in each location, I made sure the COR & COS were the same. When it comes to poking around in partition groups it gets a little scary. :) Thank you in advance.

The simpilist way to explain it is, is for some reason the routing is not allowing the SO FAC at another location. I do have another location where it is working. I am just not sure where to start to look. Is there a check mark or something if it is supposed to be allowed at another location. I know about the disp Feature access codes. If you think of anything, LMK, Thank you,

A VDN/Vector with route to FAC works fine. That's not secure so password protect it.

Phoneguy - Can you explain more. I have a VDN 4103, pointing to Vec 33. Vec 33 just has route to the FAC for Service Observe. When I call the VDN I get the turkey tone. Do I have to add the FAC to the ARS under for 3 numbers for the FAC? Password protect what? Let me know. Thank you,

I am thinking it is the FAC that is being denied to other locations.

Here's mine. It sounds like you have COR issue. Make sure you able to SO in the VDN's COR.

01 wait-time 0 secs hearing silence
02 goto step 20 if ani not-in table 2
03 collect 4 digits after announcement 1036 for none
04 goto step 11 if digits = 1234
05 collect 4 digits after announcement 1032 for none
06 goto step 11 if digits = 1234
07 collect 4 digits after announcement 1032 for none
08 goto step 11 if digits = 1234
09 disconnect after announcement 1034
10 stop
11 announcement 1035
12 announcement 1031
13 route-to number FAC with cov n if unconditionally
14 stop
20 disconnect after announcement 1033
21 stop

I told my boss about your plan which worked for me. Eh....what he said was that the user should just be able to dial the SO button and be able to SO. He doesnt want to go thru all that programming. Any other ideas. We do have one location that it works on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back