Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Service Call Transferred to Invoice

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkrebs

Technical User
Jul 8, 2003
US
I hope someone can help us. We just started using Service Call Management and we have a question on when it is turned into an invoice.

When our technicians call in with a resolution for the service call we are putting the description in the notes section next to Repair. This is an unlimited text field and we would like this to print (in its entirety) on the
invoices. The company we bought the software from can't seem to make this work for us. They have it where the description prints only 4 lines on the very bottom of the invoice. We want this description to print under only one
of the lines (Labor - Standard) of the invoice. I can get it to where the 4 lines print under each and every labor entry but not enough of what I want and need to print on the invoices. The customer's are going to be calling
saying "What is this for?”

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Kim

We have used the Service Call Management modules since release 4. back then the report writer in Great Plains would not cross modules. Our solution was a crystal report. You can get any or all of the notes fields on an invoice. As we are still on release 6 and I have stayed away from building custom reports in Great Plains, I do not know what is possible in the report writer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back