Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ServerFilter Automatically Saving 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fubear

IS-IT--Management
Sep 11, 2002
GB
I have a form with a button that opens a second form that shows data relating to the record in the first form. The button to do this uses the criteria argument of the openForm command to select the correct subset of data.

My problem is that this criteria is automatically entered into the serverFilter, and seems to be automatically saved. This means if I go back to my main form, select another record, and open the second form again it will still show the data relevant to the previous record on the first form.

Closing the window and opening it in design view comfirms that the serverfilter is saved, as it is still in the property sheet.

I dont have any code that runs on the second form except a docmd.close on the close button, I dont understand why this is happening.

I have noticed in the past that if i open a form with a serverfilter, make some changes and then close it that the filter will save, but this seems to happen if the user simply opens the form and immediately clicks on the close button.

Anyone out there able to shed some light on this mystery?

when u Close the window clean the serverfilter property .

serverfilter =""

I have just started using Ms Access Project to interact with my SQL server 2000. With SQL server 7.0 I am able to write/edit tables in Ms Access Project but now it does not work with SQL server 2000. I can an error recordset not updatable.

Is there anybody who can help me resolve this.

Hi,

How do you mean? are you trying the write straight into the table or are you using a query or form?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back