Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ServeRAID version 7.10B downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarv2003

IS-IT--Management
Oct 20, 2004
US
Hi All,

By mistake we downloaded and installed the latest version of ServeRAID, ServeRAID version 7.10B, for a server we got.
But it happens to be a ServeRAID 5i card and later we found out that this card does not support this latest version.

It worked fine for a while but we started getting blue screen, server crashed, etc.

Our question, is there a way to 'downgrade' the software to a previous version that supports 5i.
We tried to install the previous version but it just give us the wizard and automatically tells us that no upgrade is necessary.

We are using Win2K SP4.

This is the note we missed when doing the download for the latest version.
IMPORTANT: This release is NOT supported for the ServeRAID 5i card. It could cause blocked logical drives, which could lead to blue screens and kernel panics on a ServeRAID 5i. Do not use this release in a system with a ServeRAID 5i card. Please use the previous level for ServeRAID 5i.

Thanks in advance for any replies,

jarv2003

Call ibm support,they will run you through how to flash down to an earlier version. called force flashing. I've done it,but can't remember the key sequence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back