Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ServeRAID Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmen

IS-IT--Management
Apr 22, 2004
US
I loaded the ServeRAID Manager v7 on my PC so I can monitor my Servers' RAID controllers. On one of my machines, it appears that the ServeRAID Manager version is too low. If I uninstall that and install the new version, will that affect anything?

I also had another problem where I have ServeRAID Manager on another machine but the Service is not present. Do I have to reinstall ServeRAID Manager to get that service installed?

Thank you,
DMen

If you boot off the serveRAID cdrom it will update your BIOS and firmware on that system. You do not have to have the serveRAID service installed for the serveRAID program to fucntion.

You have to have the service installed and running to get alerts. Installing the current SRM installs the service by default. Previous versions gave you the option to select whether you installed it or not.

use updatexpress CD downloadble from IBM to update everything on IBM boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back