Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ServeRAID Manager v7 Install Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmen

IS-IT--Management
Apr 22, 2004
US
Hi all,

I was in the process of installing ServeRAID Manager 7.0 on a Windows 2000 Server. After the screen where is tells you the path on which it will be installed, I get the following error:

"Error occurred during the move data process: -1603"

I tried looking on IBM's site but couldn't find support on ServeRAID Manager. Does anyone know what this means? thanks in advance.

DMen

Not had that error but have had problems installing. ServeRAID manager seems to rely very heavily on java being installed and working correctly so probably worth checking that is all ok. Additionally I've had problems with not having up to date direct x and/or video drivers on win2k when trying to install it.
IBM always recommend to have the same ServeRaid fw version as the ServeRaidManager you are installing.

Well, I solved my own problem. When I began installing this version on my servers, I copied the contents from the CD to the servers. This particular server I had problems on was on a different island (I'm in Hawaii). I copied the files over to that server and something must have gotten corrupt along the way. As a last ditch effort, I decided to just run the install over the WAN and it worked fine.

DMen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back