Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Serveraid 6i management software

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanstar

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2003
US
I have a Serveraid 6i controller in an x235 server running Windows server 2003. There are 4 drives in a RAID configuration. Is there a software application that will let me at least view, if not manage the disks within Windows? I think I may have a bad disk in the array. I am managing the server remotely and need to be able to do this in a remote session. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Stephen E. Bradford
LANstar Technologies, Inc.

Google and download from IBM, Check your ServeRAID adapter BIOS level.
IBM ServeRAID Support CD v6.11
Install the Windows version of ServeRAID manager on the server.

Or you can create the Bootable CD and boot up to that and manage the disks/logical drives, etc.

You really need to be careful when using the utility. It won't jump and bite you, but you can delete logical drives if you don't know what you're doing.

You can assign hot spares, make drives ONLINE or OFFLINE for removal or addition to the array and span in disks for capacity. If you install the one to run in Windows, it should also allow you to set up email notification if a drive is having a problem or an array is in a dangerous state (degraded).

Get it going and reap the benefits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back