Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SERVERAID 4LX CONTROLLER URGENT 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

newBPhoneGuy

Technical User
Dec 12, 2005
US
hi there Im having an issue with a Serveraid 4lx controller does anyone know of anyway to roll back the firmware level for example i need to go from 6.10 to 4.7?

Good luck, the metadata between the v4.84 to 5.xx was changed so you can not really go back.

is there a way to go back lets say between 8.x to 6.x
thanks

Latest firmware for the 4Lx is 7.12.02 but yes you can back flash to v6.x

You would boot the the support CD for the version that you want to back flash to and when the little ROM query wizard comes up you will see a little symbol like a lightning bolt about that. I belive it is alt-right click and you will get a menu that comes up that will allow you to force a back flash.

Either alt-right click or alt-left click on that lightning bolt. Been so long since I did it.

thanks a lot that will definitely help me out in the field... customers are always trying to do sh*t on their own i have another problem so far my conclusion is the controller is bad. i boot and try to up date the firm ware but when i boot to any version of serveraid 5.1 and up is doesnt see the controller but when i boot the system it shows that there is a 4.7 bios version instaslled )im assuming thats on the ontroller) seeing as i get the usual no scsi bios installed message got any ideas on that one

Thanks a lot

The no scsi bios install is a standard message because you are not installing a scsi bios for the onboard scsi controller. You can always disregard that message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back