Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ServeRAID 3L and XP Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrapp

Programmer
May 15, 2003
US
I have been fighting with this all day long. I have a Netfinity 5000 with a ServeRAID-3L card inside it. I have the drive setup like I want them (9.1 GB x 2, RAID 0), upgraded the firmware to 6.10, tried to specify the drive I have gotten from IBM (23k4684.exe) in setup, no luck. XP will not recognize that there are drives in the machine. Also, the drivers that I downloaded from IBM start at 4M/4Lx, is there a special one for the 3L, or am I out of luck? Help is very much appreciated. Thanks all!

Jeff Rapp
jrapp@nctc.net

Have you tried to auto-detect the controller during installation? I assume you had extracted the file 23k4684.exe into a diskette, unlike others do they will copy the file to the diskette.

IPSRAIDN is the drivers for 3L/3h/4h controllers, NFRD960 are for 4l/4m/4lx/4mx. It comes along in this diskette and is under powerPC folder. Looking at the txtsetup (open with notepad) file located in the root of the floppy this folders are not specified.

I haven't done this but you may try to add the lines pointing to powerPC folder to detect the controllers. I am not sure if you still need addtl arguments to point the drivers.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back