Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server.XML usage question

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoenix50

ISP
Jul 10, 2003
GB
I've managed to get Tomcat running on my Win2k Server with II5, but I'm now at the stage where I'm trying to get Tomcat to run the jsp pages in my website.

I've been told that you need to create a virtual (host)? in the Server.xml file, so I put this in:

<Context path=&quot;/NewWeb&quot; docBase=&quot;X:\xxxxxxx\xxxxxx\NewWeb\&quot; debug=&quot;0&quot; privileged=&quot;true&quot; />
Where the path is the name of the Virtual directory I've created in IIS, and the docBase is the absolute location of the folder containing the JSP files.

I've got the ISAPI_redirector.dll working fine on the IIS website.
The permissions on the Virtual directory &quot;NewWeb&quot; are set to Scripts and Executables in IIS and I've added this:

/NewWeb=$(default.worker)
/NewWeb/*=$(default.worker)

to the uriworkermap.properties file.

When I browse to the page all I get is the code.

So I think I might be putting the <Context path=&quot;/NewWeb&quot;...etc in the wrong place in the server.xml file.

Where should it be located? Is there anything else I've missed? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MAny Thanks
Duncan

Most likely since you are doing this for the first time, you are using some 4.1.x version of Tomcat, there is no need to mess with the server.xml file, just drop your webapp in the webapps directory and then go to and configure it...
thats all there is to do, make sure you save and update changes, and your server.xml will be automatically written..
enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back