Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server XI AD Single-Sign On prompts for log in

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuseVic

Technical User
Feb 15, 2002
AU

I have problem with trying to get WINDOWS AD signle-sign on to work in BOeXI (CrystalServer XI).

Have followed documentation and added the
<identify impersonate = "true" />
<authentication mode="Windows" />
as required in both web.config files.
IIS is set as required.
CMS is set to Single sign-on.

Infoview opens and prompts for log on.
If log on is left blank (no user or Pwd) then user is recognised on Infoview page.

Why cant I get tru SSO straight to the Infoview welcome page identified with out log on prompt????

Have run hot fix, and re check config files, restarted all services and IIS. to no success.

Have logged wth BO and will post if i get decent response.

THANKS
Sean
Australia

hi all,

the answer is..Hot fix and a web.config file change.

This has worked for me after much searching [bigsmile]

the real key or missing item I think was the placement of the "add key " items and the add key for SSO enabled.

Below is the reply I got from BO.

all the best.

* BusinessObjects Enterprise XI

Hot Fixes or Service Packs address this issue as indicated below. After applying the update, complete these steps:

1. Open the web.config file that is located in this folder:

..\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11\Web Content\Enterprise11\InfoView

2. Modify the file as follows:

i. In the <WebDesktopSettings> section, add the following lines above <!-- Default Authentication progID (secEnterprise, secLDAP, secWindowsNT, secWinAD) -->:

<add key="cmsDefault" value="CMSMachineName" />
<add key="ssoEnabled" value="true" />
<add key="authenticationDefault" value="secXXXXXXX" />

ii. In the <system.web> section, find the authentication section and add the following line right before the <authentication mode="Windows" /> line:

<identity impersonate="true" />

Known limitations: SSO is not supported when used with the Central Management Console (CMC). Instead, use third party tool such as SiteMinder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back