Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server Upgrade S8300 to S8510

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spudmoooo

Technical User
Apr 12, 2006
AU
Guy's,
I'm upgrading a CM5 server from S8300 to S8510 (Dell1950).I plan to copy the xln file across along with the .pwd & .lic files - Any known gotcha's ?

Can I restore the IA770 translations in the same manor ?

That will probably not work. The "platform ID" is different, and the license will not work. The Transaltion may work, but you will surley have a platform mismatch, and you will need to get AVAYA involved. I am not even sure you can do this, it is a platform migration, and you will need new RTU.

This could be done using AVAYA's ProVision, to capture the translations from the old switch, and push them out to the new switch, however, you would be buying new RTU on a new switch.

The IA770/CMM may restore, you won't know until you try, again, you need expert assistance with this, this is not a simple upgrade, but a platform migration. You should contact AVAYA or a Business Partner.

Mitch

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

The xln's will be fin, but the .lic will definitely not work. You need an order in the system to bump up the license.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back