Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

server up time 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

xmario2013

IS-IT--Management
Feb 1, 2004
US
Hi All:

I am curious about our server up time, so I went in to the task manager

under the "System Idle Process" it shows numbers of hours in the CPU time, however, that number isn't right, for some server I rebooted about 10 minutes ago, it already showing it has a idle time of a few hours, is there some other indication we can get this info or did we read that wrong ?

Thanks
XM

Microsoft has a utility called UPTIME available in some of the resource kits that can be used. Sysinternals ( has a program called PsInfo (part of PsTools) that can return a lot of information including system uptime.

Thanks Xaqte,I downloaded uptime, it is a very good tool. I got the information I needed regarding system restart and uptime.

I dont know whether you could help me in this. I am having some issues in my server,I have installed ColdFusion service and it restarts automatically, I was not sure what was causing the problem so I wanted to check whether the server was rebooted. the server is up for past one week but the coldfusion service is being restarting. Is there a way or tool that we can use to find how long a particular service was running. same like system uptime, service uptime.

Thanks
Chandhru

As a btw, another means by which you can collect this info is by using the net statistics server command.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back