Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server stops responding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haldane

IS-IT--Management
Mar 13, 2002
NZ
I have a win2000 server (sp4) running ISA (sp1) the server has 2 nic's. 1 internal lan and the other connects to a router for internet.
If I turn on the router the server slows down and stops responding (approx 1min after turning router on), does not blue screen. upon hard reboot no error messages appear in the event log that give any indication as to why the server stopped responding.
This server also has a dial-up modem for sending and receiving emails. Before the router was install we use to use this connection for connecting to the internet. I have tried enabling the default gateway on remote network option on the dial-up connection to access the internet that way but within 2 minutes the server stops responding again.
Does anybody have ideas how I can troubleshoot what is causing the server to stop responding.

Regards

Brendon

Found my problem - welchia virus

I'm having a similar problem. I have win2k with ISA (SP1) running. the ISA stops responding randomly and usually over the wekend and server needs to be restarted on Mondays. I have looked in th eevent log and ISA logs and haven't found anything. Do you how I can troubleshoot this. Right now the client just simply reboots the server. Evrty once in a while the server stops during the business hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back