Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

server spits out new domain name

Status
Not open for further replies.

PalmStrike

Technical User
Jul 31, 2002
GB
Hi all,

Wonder if anyone can help in this matter.

We have just had an existing domain name transferred to us, and is now pointed at one of our other domain names which works fine.

The problem is, the domains host has confirmed to us that emails are getting through our firewall, to the server, yet the server is spitting them back out.

we have set up the new name in the connections - Internet Mail Service - routing bit exactly the same as the others. I am assuming that we must be missing something though, either that or there is a problem here that rebooting cannot clear.

I have to admit though, i am a (once) computer illiterate, that was thrown in the deep end 4 months ago into the world of computers, so if things can be spelt out, that might help.

All the best

Rob

Rob, Just a thought, but try listing your new domain listed in the "Routing" tab (as well as "E-Mail Domain...") on the "Internet Mail" tab. Seems to me the connector might have to know what to do with the new domain.

Thanks for your reply, got that already, it turned out to be the Firewall in the end, and took 5 mins to sort out. Don't worry, when I'm a professional....
and a millionaire...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back