Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server Slow Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

nibarge

Technical User
Nov 21, 2002
GB
IBM Xseries 250 server
2 700 PIII processors
4GB mem

Recently wiped this box, was running NT4.0 SP6a fine, insatlled W2K, and now Orcale has slowed right down. Have checked the event viewer and I get an information alert telling me that the processors are not of the same revision, plus I'm also getting "The device, \Device\Harddisk4\DR4, is not ready for access
yet. " entries in my syslog. Would these issues slow Oracle down or are they errors that can be ignored, and my issues lie elsewhere.

H E L P ! ! ! ! ! ! !

just a guess but have you updated the bios and firmware for the server?

hmmm I actually did the same thing on the same machine and it works fine.
Now your RAID card have you updated the firmware on it, because if you have you'll have to update the SCSI driver that W2K is using. The files are on the same disk. I think their at level 7 or something now.

slow response times have been rectified by hard setting the network card speed to be 100MB FD and also the hub port to be the same. I have d/l the Update Express 2 utility from IBM's web page that I hope will update any old drivers that I may have installed. Will post the results later today.

That's good about the speed, now as for the SCSI card you probably have a IBM ServerRAID 4Lx Controller. Go into device manager and check the driver version on it and make sure it's the same as the firmware I think the latest is 7.
They have to be the same or it will cause trouble, guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back