Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

server-side rollover (revised)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gorgor

Programmer
Aug 15, 2002
US
I posted another question about creating a server-side rollover. I was thinking of a way to do it with javascript and a custom control. How would I go about overriding Render, adding the actual onmousover javascript code to the htmlwriter to do the following: The trick here would be to do a postback to the server requesting the server-side code to do the work of the rollover, instead of doing the image swap with pure javascript. Any idea how to kick off the rollover with javascript but execute the rollover with the server? Would this require a page reload making the page refresh whenever a rollover occurs? (That would be ugly). Is there a way to do this purely on the server-side instead of using javascript? Thanks in advance!

You know the saying : "if it works don't mess with it" ?
In my honest opinion, some things are made to stay that way ... in this case, client-side scripting.
Anyway, as I know, onMouseOver can be used only with client-side scripting. Better focus on trying to use OnTextChanged with server-side scripting like this
Code:
Private Sub TextBox1_TextChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles TextBox1.TextChanged
 ... your server side code ...
End Sub
and set the AutoPostBack property of TextBox1 to true in the .aspx file.

I hope this helps!

[morning]

I read that article several times. That was done with client-side scripting. I'm looking to do it (mostly) server-side. I think I've figured out how to do it. It's just a matter of getting it to work now. I'll follow up with the solution if I ever get it. Any additional suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back