Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server Side Includes not working any more

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegomatic

IS-IT--Management
Aug 22, 2008
US
Phoo.
We moved our website to a new server this morning and everything looks great except for our SSIs, which are no longer running. I *think* I ran into the problem the last time we moved servers, but darn if I can remember what the solution was!
Here's what I do know:
LoadModule include_module modules/mod_include.so
is in my httpd.conf, as is
AddHandler server-parsed .html
The virtual host for the site has Options ALL

When a page loads with the little perl script, it *should* display a hyperlink similar to:
It's the "10023" part that's generated on the fly.
What I get now is
cmd=
and of course, the perl script should run and replace exec cmd with a number.

Does anyone know where I'm going wrong here? I'm guessing that something's missing from my Apache configuration, but I compared the new httpd.conf with the old one (where everything worked) and they both look pretty much the same to me.

Thanks in advance!
veg

More:
I specifically added Options +Includes in the virtual host configuration after seeing this in the error_log:
[Wed Dec 17 16:15:40 2008] [warn] [client 206.66.220.113] mod_include: Options +Includes (or IncludesNoExec) wasn't set, INCLUDES filter removed

Did I put it in the wrong place or something?

veg

Hey, Grande:

Well, I hadn't, but now I do. Good news and bad.

The good news is that the script is no longer barfing up errors in the error_log. Also, the <!--#exec cmd= part is no longer showing up in the hyperlink.

The bad news is that the number that the script is supposed to generate isn't appearing in the URL at all.

So I guess there's some progress here, just not quite as much as I need!

veg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back