Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

server-side anti-spam

Status
Not open for further replies.

floriauck

Technical User
Jul 2, 2004
US
hello,

i come to this forum with my concern because of over 200 unwanted spam emails each day.

i have tried a lot of anti spam tools, and all of them work the same way. the create a folder in outlook and the spam just gets moved there ... well, it doesnt really help much, because then i have to go through that folder anyway to see if there was an error.

isnt there a server side spam filter for a regular end user? something that filters spam so that i never even get it in my in box?

if not, what is the best solution as far as anti-spam tools go.. i would really appreaciate any help, this spam sucks!!

thanks
florian

hi, ..

thanks for the two links .. i will check them out of course and hopefully one is for me.

hmm, i dont know exactly what server.. i am not operating one myself. i am just an end user, trying to get rid of spam..

If you are ona shared hosting service throug hyour webhost, you may not be able to do anything about the spam beyond suggesting them to intall better filters.

You can "smart" host your email if you need to via a different ISP and then setup your own filters there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back