Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server running out of resources...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrey

MIS
Apr 11, 2007
US
I have a Presentation Server 4.0 two server farm running on Windows 2003 servers. Both server are configured in the same way. From time to time, the users get an error saying that their roaming profile can not be load, and that their "local" profile will be use instead. The problem is that one of the servers servers is saying that is running out of resources, however when I checked the task manager, the CPU is at less than 30% of utilization, and the memory usage is less that 60%. The load manager is showing a 25% load only. The problem goes away if I reboot the server but comes back every few days...

Any idea of what the problem is?

Thank you,

wrey

The resources in question are more than likely kernel memory shortages.

You need to look at the performance monitoring tools associated with free memory pages etc.

This might be a good start.

Load manager is only as good as your configuration of the rules.

Colin

Your Life & Tech

Thanks for the help. That link and other that come from that one look like I need to find the mistery of the memory issue. Thanks again!

hi,
- Windows XP: after 2 or 3 months the machine is installed,
1 user needs to restart its computer 1 time/day.
(Internet Explorer, plug-ins, hundreds of shit-sw he installs on his machine) make the box not weel functioning
as in the first ten days.

- Windows 2003 server: sure it doesn't need to be rebooted
every day, used as SQL server, Domain Controller,... but ...
if you use this server as a workstation:
you run Internet Explorer, Microsoft PowerPoint, OutlookExpress, ..., and not by 1 user, but tens of users
concurrentely, I belive that each night you need to reboot
these "Workstation-Server"

ciao
vittorio

I would second the nightly reboot of any Citrix server. Also make sure you have the UPHClean service running that unloads user registry hives when they log out.

I will definitely look into installing the UPHClean service. About the nightly reboot, this is not an option for now due that we have several users accessing the server 24/6.

Thanks any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back