Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server reboots during backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFadmin

IS-IT--Management
Jan 16, 2005
US
I am running Widows 2000 Server using CommVault QiNetix backups. One of my five servers is rebooting during backup and it is the biggest holding close to 2TB. I have spoke both to Microsoft and CommVault and still can't get an answer for it. If anyone could help in the assistance to this delimma, I would be greatly appreciated.

Most of the errors recieved deal with failure to close an archive file and cannot resume cache directory.

are you using an open file manager on your sever? Maybe it's hosing when it can't close the file.

I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people ~ Jack Handy

Yes, I am user St. Bernards OFM. I have spoken with them and they gave me the beat around I just did some things to the registry so if it works I will let everyone know. Any more suggestions just to be safe are more than welcome. Thank you

It is a dell 6650. It is used for Storage Area Network I have done some reg hacks to it, and soon will be a defrag to see if it helps

try to make a new storage policy and and connect the default backupset of that particular server to it and make a backup. see if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back