Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server object, ASP 0177 (0x800401F3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CChan1

Programmer
Mar 2, 2003
MY
Previously I have had no problem viewing reports via smartvieweractivex.asp. Recently we reinstalled Crystal Enterprise 8 and the following error shows up:

Error Type:
Server object, ASP 0177 (0x800401F3)
Invalid ProgID. For additional information specific to this message please visit the Microsoft Online Support site located at: /pscpdev/Reports/AlwaysRequiredSteps.asp, line 15

The error points tothis line:Set session("oApp") = Server.CreateObject("CrystalRuntime.Application")

Your helps are greatly appreciated

Thanks for your reply,
How do I check if the dll is not there.Which dll I have to look and lastly how I re-register dll.
Your helps are greatly appreciated.

Hello Rose,
Thanks for your reply, another question:
I have two web folders: A and B. Two reports : a.rpt and b.rpt. the reports are the same ones.One is located in folder A and the other one in web folder B. Both web folders are located in the same machine.

I can call a.rpt from asp page in web folder a just fine. When I tried to call b.rpt using asp page in web folder b, it shows blank report but no error.

I experiment to call report b.rpt from asp page from web folder A and it works fine.
My assumption is web folder a and web folder b not created the same. But I haven't found out which part in the configuration that cause this problem. Please let me know your thought about it.

Thanks in advance
CChan1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back