Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Server Not Found"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jengo

Programmer
Apr 17, 2000
US
I am receiving this error "Server Not Found", and I can't connect to any internet sites. I tried NetZero and AOL with no success. I also tried IE and Netscape, with no change. Why can't I connect to any sites?

Hello<br><br>Your &quot;Client for Microsoft Networks&quot; may be missing in Control Panel\Network.&nbsp;&nbsp;It might also be a corrupt TCP\IP.<br><br>If it is the TCP\IP you might want to try to correct it by removing everything from Network, click no to restart, rename vip.386, vtcp.386, vnbt.386, and vdhcp.386, all located in Windows\System. After that, shut down and restart, Add the Client, dial-up adapter, and TCP\IP back into Network, and then shut down and restart.<br><br>You may also want to try and make a new dial-up connection in Control Panel\Dial-up Networking and configuring it for your ISP...I don't think it would be that though because it is happening to more than one ISP.<br><br>Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back