Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server not Available when using 2003 Enterprise edition with CSG 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

andymac3000

IS-IT--Management
Nov 2, 2004
GB
We have 6 ps4 servers, all of which have been running fine on 2003 standard edition for over a year. Customers connect to the service via CSG and WI

We have recentely changed 2 of the servers to 2003 enterprise edition. The enterprsie edtions servers have been built identically to the Standard edition servers, SP1 etc.

Ever since doing this, when any user connects to the service on the Enterprise edition server via CSG, users will be disconnected after leaving the session idle for 5 minutes or so, and get either 'the citrix server is not available, please try again later' or 'the network connection to your application was interrupted' message

All is fine connecting without the CSG, also all is fine connecting through the CSG just to the Windows 2003 Standard edition servers

Any ideas

Thanks

Andy

Cannot remember if there is a difference in the TSCALs between the two. This looks like a licensing issue to me to be honest.

[blue] A perspective from the other side!![/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Ive checked with the MS 2003 server TS licensing guide, but it only mentions Enterprise edition as part of the Server family, no mention of seperate licenses.

As mentioned though, users dont get disconnected when not connection through the CSG, so this would suggest it might not be licensing

Were using per user licensing on a 2003 standard edition Domain Controller with SP1.

Any more ideas ?

Thanks

Andy

The only thing I can think of, is perhaps a default setting withing the TS config of the enterprise servers being different

[blue] A perspective from the other side!![/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Ive checked the configs on both servers and they are identical.

I have however added the ICA keep alive registry setting on the enterprise servers with success so far, but thats only with some minor testing. I'll post if its successful for customers, but if anyone has anymore ideas, i'll be glad to hear them.

I did think though that ica keepalives were only for putting active sessions into a disconnected state should a user disconnect for any reason ???

Thanks

Andy

andymac3000

I'm having a similar problem. Just to confirm your last post. Do you mean you applied the following?:

Activate keepalives, and make sure that no hardware like routers, firewalls or manageble switches are configured to drop idle sessions. (most are by default)

[HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters]
"KeepAliveTime"=dword:0000ea60
"KeepAliveInterval"=dword:000003e8
"TcpMaxDataRetransmissions"=dword:0000000a

[HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Citrix]
"IcaEnableKeepAlive"=dword:00000001
"IcaKeepAliveInterval"=dword:0000003c

In MetaFrame XP FR3 you have to activate ICA Keep-Alives in the CMC

Configuring TCP KeepAlive Values to Improve WAN links and ICA KeepAlives to place ICA Session in a Disconnected State
CTX708444

Sure did, like I say, its seemed to solve our specific problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back