Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server Not Authenticating after DC Password Change!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xanthus

IS-IT--Management
Oct 20, 2001
US
My environment consists of 3 W2K servers, 2 of which are Domain Controllers and have active directory installed, and all running terminal services. I recently changed the password on the "pdc", and since then have been having problems with the member server.

I am able to log into the domain from the meber server. Also, I can see the all the other servers from my member server's terminal services manager, however, from the domain controllers I can see the member server but once i click on it I get an error that I cannot authenticate to the server.

I read a knowledgebase article. Q22551, that mentioned what I think is the problem, but doesn't really give a resolution.

Any suggestions? Would installing AD on the member server help?

So far I have figured out that it has to do with the computer account of the member server. Maybe something to do witht he kerberos key. I have also noticed that from my PDC I cannot access other server shares, possibly the same issue there.

Any suggestions, PLEASE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back