Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server Name Change Possible Issues pervsive 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

rzylowski

Technical User
Apr 22, 2002
US
Hi,

I am trying to set up a new server to run an existing application. The new server is a test server with a different name than the productions server.

I Installed the server components and tweaked the server. I installed the application files from tape.

The clients use odbc to connect to the server. I map drives that have the ddf files from the client. But I cant connect correctly to the data. The application hangs.

What I dont understand is how the server knows that I installed a set of application btrieve files. Do I have to run a process on the server to tell it that the files are present ie ergister them in some way.

If not it seems that all the work is done by the odbc driver directly to the btrieve files and if so what is the point of the server.

Thanks for your help in Advance

Rob Zylowski

I figured this prob lem out. It was actually caused by the server having dual network interface cards. I had to disable TCPIP on the extra NIC and it worked perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back