Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server move on Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

samsap400

IS-IT--Management
Jun 19, 2002
SK
Hi there,
i have a question to any experts here.
I need to update Networker server from 6.2 to 7.0.
It means it must run on Win2000 and our old server is not fast enough so i must also move to another machine.
I will proceed as follows:
1. Upgrade Win NT 4.0 to Win2000 Server on old machine
2. Upgrade Networker server and Storage Node to 7.0 on old machine
3. Install Win2000 and Networker 7.0 on new machine.
4. Move the Networker Server and Storage node to new machine.
Please, has anyone done this relocation on Win before ?
I will also change the hostname. Is there any procedure to make it work ? I have found only Unix and NetWare guide.
Any suggestions ?
thanx in advance.
Lubor

Hello,
Samsap400 or anyone who's done an 6.2 to 7.0 upgrade on a Windows 2000 platform. Did you complete the upgrade? If so, how did it go? I'm going to be updating 6.2 to 7.0 then moving it to another server (all windows 2000).

Thank you,
Scott

The only thing you need to look for is that the backupserver uses the same hostid than the old one.

Please, upgrade to 7.1 directly: 7.0 have many problems.

The best solution is to configure the new machine such as the old one (same name, ip address) otherwise you can find index recovery problem.
Why you cannot migrate directly from NT40 old machine onto Win2000 new machine ?

Remind that you only need mm, res, index folder for migrate the software (do a nsrck -L6 and nsrim -X before the copy).

Have a good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back