Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server logon error - help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelCullen

IS-IT--Management
Nov 7, 2002
GB
Hi

I have a small network with two servers one that is File and print sharing and the second that is exchange 2k3

I can access the exchange server ok but when ever I try and access the FPS server I get the following error

Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer

when I logon at this server and try and do any Group policy changes I also get that error

has anyone come across this before.

Thanks in advance

It sounds like there is a policy setting in place that only certain users are allowed to logon directly to this server. You may want to speak with the admin responsible for this server

I am the admin and everything was great until lunchtime when I started getting calls about not being able to login

I haven't changed anything

and I can't get to the polices to make any changes

I have tried to demote the server to a member server but I get the error message

this is bugging the crap out of me

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back