Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server Login Problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsforce

Programmer
Mar 11, 2000
US
I final got the service running OK. But when I try to connect to the server it will not accept a login. The install never gave me the chance to set up an account for the server. I'm running win98 with website 2.3. Can anybody tell me how to set up the login for the server?

What sort of security did U select at the time of installation? When U try to start SQL Server through the Enterprise Manager, what does it say? Does it give U the an option to select the server or is it showing blank? If it is showing blank, select ur server where U have ur SQL Server installed. It should work.

Thanks, I ended up finding a windows problem. I re-installed windows and got every thing running but the DTS. The DTS goes thur all the steps and gets to the last step with the 'finished' button. But it locks up there and will not import the data. I'm trying to import an Access database. Got any ideas?<br>
<br>
Thanks Again.

I'm just using the 'sa' with no password. My server comes up in the manager with the green arrow showing it is running, but when I click on it to show the folders a red wavy line appears right besides the green arrow. I can't find a reference to this to know if this is normal or not.<br>
<br>
I have made sure the MSDTC,MSSQLServer and SQLServerAgent are all running. Also, I have TCP/IP as the library. My server show up as &quot;Stargazer&quot; or (local). The DTS does find until you click the finished button. Then the entire manager and DTS lock up.<br>
<br>

Check if the services are still on or not. U can do this from the control panel also. MSDTC services is required to perform this task. And hope U r correctly naming the source and the destinations. Secondly, select the connection drivers properly that enable U to do the data transfers. In the source select the MS Access and the destination should be MS OLE DB Provider For SQL Server. Hope that should work. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back