Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server limited to 10 concurrent client connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

zercon

MIS
Dec 2, 2002
TH
Server limited to 10 concurrent client connections

I have share folder on server . 10 Clients can access this folder only.I would like more 10 clients can access this folder. who have any idea ?

thank you.

Control panel/Licences, Select Windows Server, then press button Add Licences
This ofcourse requires you to buy additional Client Access Licences (CAL's)

This all assumes you _really_ have a Server product, Win 2K Professional only allows 10 concurrent connections, and there is no way of getting around this limitation, other than to upgrade to a Server.

You're not on W2K Server, you're on a W2K Pro box, which has a 10 connect max limit.

Install a server.

I'm Certifiable, not certified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

agree with lander215. i see lots of client using xp or 2k pro as file server in small business, so they think that's a "server".

------------------------------------
Directory Services/Exchange Consultant

Also i beleive Windows 2003 server web addition is limited to 10 SMB connections.

Upgrade installations from Pro to Server often leave the 10 connection limit behind for some reason.

Mike

Remember - There is always another way..........

[yinyang]

Thank you Sir.

My File server is win 2k server not 2k pro but I set licens per server by numbers of current connection about 500.I shuld change per server to per seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back