Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server issue, or application?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBresnan

Technical User
Jun 23, 2010
US
We are currently experiencing some major issues with all applications related to GP.

GP itself takes about 10 minutes to fully start up (stuck while it's loading the home page with the various menus), and once it does, runs very slow. However, some people are able to get into the system just fine (like me), and everything runs smoothly.

Management Reporter returns a "you don't have access to the default company" at times, and when i'm able to get through takes 5 minutes plus just to bring up a report definition, only to run a report to a server error status. We use the datamart option, so MR shouldn't be hitting up the GP server for info directly, but i'd assume if the DM integration is hitting snags, it would mess with reports as well. but i would think that would only happen when a report is being run, not on startup.

We run a web based (but hosted on an in house server)procurement application called Workplace that is also constantly getting server time out issues, and runs extremely slowly.

The folks that are experiencing issues can use outlook and access the internet just fine, and have no clear CPU usage issues, so i don't think it's a local or ethernet switch issue. Anyone have any thoughts?

The server was fine, but as it turns out we had to reboot the SQL DB, and that seemed to speed things up. during the work to fix the issue, it seemed we were going more along the route of it being an application error (rebuilding the datamart, etc) which I wasn't sure would help with anything. Just wanted some validation on my thinking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back