Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server is out of resources. Try again later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Estevezz

IS-IT--Management
Apr 19, 2002
CA
I got a Novell 5 Server on a Dell PowerEdge with 256Mb of ram. Sometimes, when they try to login to the server, the users receive the error:

"Server is out of resources. Try again later."

I have to go and reboot the server so everything could work. I've check and everything's fine with the server. Anyone got this problem before ?

I was thinking of adding some more RAM but i want to know what can cause this before...

Thank you all !
- Steve

That's a strange problem, never seen or heard of that one before.

Firstly, what version of Novell is it (5.0 or 5.1) and are you running the latest Service Pack.

Secondly, how much disk capacity do you have in the server?

Servers do run with 256Mb of RAM in them, but yours obviously does not like it. You may find that upgrading the memory just prolongs the time before you need to reboot again. I would like to hear what SP you are on before I myself comment further. -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

i'm using Novell 5.0 with Service Pack 6a applied few months ago. I looked at what could be the problem and find this on Novell:

TID10020330

The error on the console was: "Cache memory allocator out of available memory."

For now i have rebooted the server and it's working well, i'll give that TID a try next time i'll go to that server.

- Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back