Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server is freezing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bilinmiyo

MIS
Mar 21, 2006
US
Hello All,

I have 2000 running GFI Mail essentials as a gateway to exchange server. During the day, it is freezing several times. when it happens, I cannot access any shared folders/drives and cannot ping to it. Also cannot get any emails until it is restarted. There is nothing in the event logs except "a fatal error occured while creating an SSL server credential".

I just wonder if there are any tools that can diagnose the problem. How can I find out if the problem is related with software or hardware?

Thanks a lot!!!!!

I had two cases like that. make sure no other anti-virus running on the same server. if you are using another anti-virus software for the Exchange make sure don't scan the data. Also you may want to upgrade GFI to the new version.

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on

Thank you very much for your comment. There is no AV product running on the server running GFI. I am using GFI 12 which is the latest version. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back