Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

server is crashing intermittently stop: 0x0000000A

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitsie

Technical User
Feb 7, 2001
IE
Hello
I hope someone can help me

I installed NT4 server with service pack 6a on a Dell poweredge 1300 with 256Mb of ram.

The server is crashing
"stop: 0x0000000A (0xFFFFFFFE, 0x000000FF, 0x00000001, 0x80B67JL4) IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL "

Their is nothing in the event log to indicate a problem.

It could work for a week or fail 3 times a day. I updated the poweredge bios, replaced the dell drivers with the SP6 drivers changed the network card but the error keeps happening. I ran the dell dos diags but everything worked.

The machine has an Isdn modem (I reloaded the driver ) with wingate and mdeamon running on it. I use McAfee total virus defence on the computer.

The clients are a mixture of Win95/98 and Windows 2000 pro.

Anyhelp would be appreciated.

It could be a power supply that is going bad. The server could be losing power intermittenly causing the server to reboot.

We have had this happen on a couple of our Terminal Servers...it may be the case here as well. It proved to be the modem itself. Even when no one was connected the modem would be sending out packets-all of them errors. You might take a look at yours and see if it's working correctly.

Thanks for the help. I don't think it is the powersupply as I have left the server on test for a weekend running diags. The modem is a possibility.

I will let you know how I get on.

We had some server problems relating to the position of the memory. Try different slots.

These Microsoft KB articles may be the solution to your problem.

Q162838
Q177664
Q168512

I browsed these articles and the one common thread between them was to Re-Apply the latest service Pack.
These also had a specific file attached to that error message something like (file xxxxxxx caused "stop error.....
Breeze through all of them, they may help.

I have a similar problem on a Compaq Proliant 1600, like yours it can go for a few weeks, or several times a day.

Also like yours I am running MDaemon, we were also using Wingate, but due to it's 'flakeyness' we replaced it with Winproxy (a much better product!).

Like rjbj states, you should be able to gleam information from the File XXXXXX caused stop error.

The problem I have is Compaq Server agents automatically reboot the server, and only log the memory address, and not the file or problem that caused the error.

I spent yesterday updating all drivers, critical updates etc.

Have you tried updating MDaemon? The current version is 5.07, and if you already have a copy of 5.0x then it is a free update.

Thanks for all the help. The problem appears to have been wingate. I replaced it with a Isdn router and the problem disappeared ( I hope )

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back