Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server Expansions 500v2 12.0 unallocated Server Edition License 1

William C290

Technical User
Jul 25, 2024
JO
Hi ...

I have Installed IPOSE 12.0 with Secondary and 2 IPO500v2 Server Expansion.
I am using Primary Server as a License Source.
The secondary Server got the License
The Expansions 500v2 does not get the SE Lic.
WebSocket Password for Server & Client is correct but the line between servers is out of service.

Attachments

• Add Expansion1.png
    Add Expansion1.png
    201.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Add Expansion2.png
    Add Expansion2.png
    227.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Solution.png
    Solution.png
    253.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Licnce Status.png
    Licnce Status.png
    168.9 KB · Views: 20
Solution
Solved, Time should be Synced between all systems and expansions.

We found that the NTP Service is disabled via Linux and after Enabling it, all is synced and working.

I think it's one of the Rls 12 Bug, I am surprise that I use Time Zone instead of NTP, but not sync.
Wrong WebSocket Password or wrong security settings between nodes?

@derfloh: The websocket Password I am sure is correct, and the security setting is like what? All have the same passwords and the same checks point, user right groups and services
on the system status of the primary and secondary there is a line but out of service.
on system status of expansion server 1 or 2, the lines to primary and secondary is disabled-unlicensed.

Last edited:
How is the license server set on the expansion under license/remote server? Make sure its set to Local/Primary Server with the IP of the primary server listed.

I don't remember whether the system checks for a license before or after the SCN line comes up, but500V2 expansions are set to WebLM by default.

@biv343: All is set to Local/Primary Server and set the IPOSE Primary server address.

when try to add expansion and click on the search, I can see the IP but is hidden, when type the IP in the box and enter ok it adds it.
I tried to open it alone, but it's open as in the attached it's pointing to Rls 11, but on the same, it's Rls 12.0 and it's expansion server.

Note that the SD card is Rls 11 but I formatted it to Rls 12.0
Is this will cause this issue ?

Attachments

• Add Expansion12.png
    Add Expansion12.png
    112.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Add Expansion13.png
    Add Expansion13.png
    157 KB · Views: 3
Have you followed the deployment guide? You need to connect to the 500V2 and initialise it, add the expansion unit, then assign the licences.

Chapter 10 on Page 76

Attachments

• Deploying Avaya IP Office Server Edition Solution_en-us.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 2
@Ekster: the expansion unit is initialized and I can be connected to it as a server expansion alone.

it's not the first time I do this, but this time I don't know where the problem ?

Anything in a monitor trace or SSA alarms? Also check security settings on the expansions especially around the HTTP, HTTPS and TLS settings.

@Ekster: I will check, but do you see the attachments previously, why when add the Expansion and search on it, its apppeara as hidden and unsupported .
Also I found that the Expansions is not sync the time correctly like secondary server, is this cause this issues?
Another thing I noted, I have also ACCS Enablement on the solution , with 2 ACCS Enablement, 2 CTI, and IP Endpoint, on the secondary when set the contact center to Avaya Contact Center Select, the secondary not reserve the required license needed for this.
I implement many server edition projects with ACCS but its the first time implement Rls12, and iam not facing any of these issues especially on Rls 11.1.3.2.

@@Ekster: All is correct in security settings, is the time should be the same for the licenses, the time in expansions is not synced with the primary, I set it as SNTP and entered the IP Address of the primary.

If youuse secured connections the time should be the same.

@derfloh: the time not the same at all and not sync, I don't know why this happens, it's the first time occurs with me.
the time is correct on the primary when we set it manually, but on the secondary not correct,( however, they got the server edition license) I added the primary as NTP on it, on the Expansions nothing correct either time or date, I set primary as SNTP.
Can you explain to me what you mean by secure connection, does it mean using TLS, but I don't use it at all.

Yes, TLS. The IP Office trunks between nodes are TLS by default.

Yes, I set it to unsecured, but I don't have result, same, the Expansion not got the server Edition License

@derfloh: nothing solved this, I remember from RLS 11 that when I press add expansion, I can check it and type the password then add it.

here it appears as hidden and I can't tick it on the box I see it as Expansion Server Rls 11, but it's Rls 12.0.

If the SD Card is Rls 11.0 and formatted to Rls 12.0 will cause this issue.

Attachments

• Avaya LogFile.txt
    416.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Add Expansion1.png
    Add Expansion1.png
    201.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Add Expansion2.png
    Add Expansion2.png
    227.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Add Expansion12.png
    Add Expansion12.png
    112.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Add Expansion13.png
    Add Expansion13.png
    157 KB · Views: 6
@derfloh: I tried everything possible, but nothing solved the issue.

- The time and date on gateways don't sync with the primary. I tried unsecured the line but with no result, could this cause the issue?
- The SD card is Rls 11. and I formatted it to Rls 12, is will this make this problem?

Thanks

The past couple times I've added 500V2 expansions to a SE system, I had to restart the IPO services on the primary/secondary server. This was on 11.0.4, not 11.1 or 12, and after adding the expansion system via Manager and preconfiguring the V2 with Manager. Everything looked normal, but the lines wouldn't come into service and the expansion wouldn't get a license.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back