Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server exiting : Could not find the ID File 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IG3Rosen

IS-IT--Management
Jan 5, 2005
FR
I have installer a Domino serveur 6.5.3 one month ago and he was running without problems...

The first time i rebbot the machine since i installed the domino server and now the console show me this message :

Code:
Server exiting : Could not find the ID File

and the windows close itself

I do a lot of developement whith this server without problems...

euu no i had one strange message on the console when the serveur was running. This message came recursively, and it was something like this :
directory error, unable to open the names.nsf
but the name.nsf existed. I created some users to test my différents database.

are these two things in relation ?? i don't know...

If some one has responses élémnts.. thanks a lot.

Check your settings in NOTES.INI for the SERVER: Check directory path to the data area. Likewise check the variable for the SERVER.ID in the same file.

NAMES.NSF referred to here is the SYSTEM Names.nsf, which MUST be available for the server...

TrooDOS

Hi thank you forthis answer.

I checked the different *.id in the server's notes.ini
they exist in the correpsonding path
\\Server\Lotus\Domino

and the names.nsf file is in the
\\Server\Lotus\Domino\Data path too.

There is only one names.ndf on the server, right ?

Not necessesarely only one, the more important question is it the right one? Open it, and see the 'About this database' and see if it is states something like "About Public Address Book"...

Another thing, there might be several Notes.INI files on the server, specially if client(s) are installed there too. This CAN create conflicts...

My preferred location for servers NOTES.INI is in the DOMINO program area for the server and in the NOTES program area in case clients are installed. Please make sure that there is no other NOTES.INI's somewhere in the path, do a search on the machine and see... If anyone found, rename them to something like NOTESOLD.INI ...

Check the content of the Notes.ini. Make sure that at least the following keys are inside:

Directory=[Data directory path]
KitType=2
ServerKeyFileName=[id file and path]
ServerName=CN=Server/O=Name

This should bring you one step forward, I believe...

TrooDOS

Ok!
it seems to Work properly ! thanks a lot !

what I did :
1)
befor modification
Directory=\\Server\Lotus\Domino
after modification
Directory=\\Server\Lotus\Domino\data

what hapenned:
the server starts but i got a error message in the console, like Error Direrectory manager, unable to find path ... nanes.nsf"

but when I restarted the server I got the first message
"Server exiting: Couldnot find the ID File"

And in the notes.ini the parameter I changed was reset to \Server\Lotus\Domino.

So I tried this :
2) I move the Server.id
from \\Server\Lotus\Domino\data
to
\\Server\Lotus\Domino\

and all is (seems) working properly.

Thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back