Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server+ Exam 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

djbouti9

MIS
Jun 30, 2003
US
Hi, all. Just recently started reading tek-tips, good site, lots of helpful info. I'm going to take the CompTIA Server+ exam today, have not heard much about it. Has anyone in here taken it? Any sticking points that I might be aware of other than the 4000 types of SCSI? Any advice would be appreciated.

Server+ is very experience oriented. Approach the scenerio questions as if your manager was asking the question. Don't choose the quick fix, realize the implications of your actions (backup, business continuity). Know your RAID.

Good Luck!

A+,N+,S+,L+,I+,HTI+,CET,CST,CNST,CNCT,CFOT,CCNT,ACSP,ISA CCST3

Thanks glister, you answered the question that I really MEANT to ask..."what type of answer is the test asking for?" Hopefully I'll walk out of there on my feet with another certification.

I passed the exam with an 82, not as high as I wanted, but at least I know some weak areas that I can enhance. glister was right, especially about business continuity/backup/restore issues, and about RAID. Also, if you aren't familiar with UPS's (simple thing to some) and everything that goes with them, get familiar with them before the test. Thanks glister!

Congrats! Nice score too.

A+,N+,S+,L+,I+,HTI+,CET,CST,CNST,CNCT,CFOT,CCNT,ACSP,ISA CCST3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back