Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server Error:

Status
Not open for further replies.

2sly

IS-IT--Management
Aug 24, 2001
US
I have a WAN... in that WAN is a notes server. I have added another notes server at a new location. During the setup i made this server an additional server. I added this server to the main server and copied the server.id to the local data folder. I get to the finish button and i recive an error "Server Error: You are not Authorized to use the server."

Any Ideas?????

Gene Sly

it sounds like your new server is trying to communicate with the old server and for some reason your old server doesnt like it. Can you see the new server document in your address book ? In your old server document does it say the new server can communicate with it ?

Make sure that the new server name was added to the access control group necessary for it to access the old server and the names.nsf. You can find this info on the security tab of the server document. Notes: Be sure to check both server documents for this access.

Craig

The Server Name was not in the list of "access server" list. This fixed this problem. Thank you. Now it makes it to the 80% mark and errors at "Invalid or Missing Document"

Checking the notes.net I found and issue with the Notestat Key. I removed the key as instructed and still have the error.

Gene Sly

Sounds like the Directory on the old server is having issues. Try running Fixup or Updall -R against the directory to correct any corruption.

PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back