Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Programmer
Aug 27, 2009
US
I get an error message below when i try to run the report.
How do i fix it?
thanks.

Server Error in '/eSOMS Reports' Application.
------------------------------------------------------------

Missing prompting unit.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Missing prompting unit.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[COMException (0x80004005): Missing prompting unit.]
CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.Prompting.IPromptEngine.startPrompting(PromptingUnits units, CRPromptingInfoProvider infoProvider, PromptingOption option) +0
CrystalDecisions.ReportSource.EromReportSourceBase.DoParameterPrompting(PromptingRequestContext reqContext) +321
CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.FormatEngine.DoParameterPrompting(PromptingRequestContext reqContext) +44
CrystalDecisions.ReportSource.LocalReportSourceBase.DoParameterPrompting(PromptingRequestContext reqContext) +140
CrystalDecisions.Web.ReportAgentBase.DoPrompting(PromptingHTMLRenderOption htmlOption) +121
CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +966
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +80
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +171
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +171
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +842

Yes, the report works fine in Crystal reports but when i pass parameters via XML, it accepts the parameters but end up with that error.

Ask Crystal Report group. Their crystal ball has more magic power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back