Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server Error in '/xyz' Application:

Status
Not open for further replies.

LJS1

Programmer
Apr 29, 2002
US
Hi,
When I am executing a SQL Server Stored procedure which is taking more than a min. through aspx i am getting the error.

Server Error in '/net' Application.
------------------------------------------------------------
Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Anybody have any idea???
Thanks
LJS

If you know that the sql statment is going to take along time then you'll need to set the timeout for that page to a longer period of time. You may also want to make sure to display something to the user as such a lengthy wait is unusual and they will think the computer has frozen. That'l do donkey, that'l do
[bravo] Mark
If you are unsure of forum etiquette check here faq796-2540

I changed in the web.config,<SessionState> timeout, but it didn't help.
Any other clue
LJS

Have you tried the SQL query/command from SQL itself? Could the query be missspelled?

SQL Stored Procedure is working fine.
The Procedure works fine if the no. of records is less.
If the no. of records in more than 50,000 the timeout expired error is showing.

Session state is how long the users session will stay in server memory once it has become inactive. It is not the time out value for the page.... hunting.. ah found it.

This thread is dealing with the same problem hopefully it helps you.
thread855-236346 That'l do donkey, that'l do
[bravo] Mark

Thanks for all the tips.
I set the Connect timeout in the SQL Connection String and Commandtimeout to some number , it is working.
Thnaks again,
LJS

glad you go it working That'l do donkey, that'l do
[bravo] Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back