Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server edition system 9.1.1.0.10

Status
Not open for further replies.

eppeboy

Programmer
Oct 25, 2013
NO
Big problem!!
After upgrading the server edition system from 9.06 to 9.1.1.0.10 one of the ipo500v2 expansion systems disconnects from the SCN after only a few seconds. It runs normally when it is not connected to the rest of the SCN, but then of course it does not get any licenses and will not work. As soon as it is connected to the rest of the SCN system it runs from 10 to 20 seconds before it shuts down the LAN and WAN interfaces, and becomes unreachable. When monitoring the SSA as it is connected to the SCN everything looks normal, and the error messages regarding licenses disappears. That way it looks like everything runs normally, but suddenly it shuts down the interfaces.
I talked to a tech support at Westcon in Sweden, and he didn't know what this could bee but he suspected this could be a new safety feature in 9.1 software. If it is heavy traffic on the interfaces it is set to shut down the interfaces because suspected hacking...???
Is there anyone out there who has a similar problem? and hopefully the solution.

The system: primary and secondary server (vm ware), 8 ipo 500v2 server expansion systems. all in 9.1.1.0.10

Eppe

So it affects only 1 of the 8 IP500v2 ?
Did you check if the upgrade went well on this IP500 ?
Did you capture Monitor trace of both Primary and IP500 when the problem occurs ?

Yes. it affects only 1 of the 8 IP500v2.
During upgrade this IPO froze at 94%. But I suspect that this was during the last reboot and when it restarted the error occurred for the first time and it froze. When I got it running after this the software was 9.1. I can log in on it and everything runs nicely until i connect it to the SCN. then it disconnects after 10 to 20 sec. I suspected that the problem was faulty upgrade, so I reset the unit and run a new upgrade on it. this one without problems. But even now the problem remains.
I am about to take a trace in a few minutes and will post it here when its done.

Do you have enough SE lic and upgrade lic for your solution ?
Sounds like you need 10 each.

10:20:27 45729097mS ERR: IPOFFICE IS UNUSABLE UNTIL SERVER EDITION (AND UPGRADE) LICENCE IS ADDED

It's only dialtone!!!

I don't think the interfaces shut down. If it would be the case you were not able to get traces ;-)

I suspect that you have not enough upgrade licenses. If you have you can try to change the trunk type to WebSocket on both sides.

The system has 10 upgrade licenses. One for each unit.

The trace ends where the IPO 500v2 shuts down the interface.
It starts just before i connect the IPO 500v2 unit to the rest of the system then it runs for a few seconds before it shuts down..

eppeboy> can you post the monitor trace of the server ?

your server trace stop at 10:18:27 and the IP500v2 starts at 10:20:13 :)

It was run at the same time, but the clock was not synchronized.

So maybe that is your problem.
The IPO must use the primary server as timeserver.
Try that and see what happens.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

The IPO is set with primary server as the time server.

do you have firewall between primary and IP500v2 ?

Have you considered disabling the firewall built into the IPO SE, this fixed my problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back