Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server Edition SIP trunk overflow from ISDN

Status
Not open for further replies.

FisherPricePhone

Technical User
Jun 21, 2012
GB
Hi,

We put in server edition for a customer about 2 weeks ago with 2 x servers and 2 x IP office as H.323 gateways. The customer wanted to add a sip trunk to server A which we've done and is now operational. The customer wants the SIP trunk to operate as an overflow in ARS so calls are currently configured to go to ARS which routes the call via 60 x ISDN on IPO1. When the H.323 trunk to IPO1 reaches 60 calls, an H.323 trunk to IPO2 kicks in and routes calls to the 30 channel IPO2 instead using the overflow feature.

OK, so the clever call routing works pretty well except for the next bit...

When we overflow for a second time to a SIP trunk with 30 channels, sometimes we get the old waiting-for-line message or the call tries to complete with between 4 and 6 digits dialled. Here's the annoying bit though, sometimes the call routes just fine. We've found that by using a speed-dial, we can get the calls to go through every time. It seems like it's just something daft but given the scale and complexity of the system, I just can't see it. Also monitor output I'm reading is SIP output. With 100 calls on the go at any one point in time, some pointers on where to find out the route cause through the mire would be appreciated. Another weird one is that the SIP channel licences are reporting that they're maxing out with only some of them in use. Still, I think these issues are well served on the forum here.

Thanks,

FisherPricePhone

It's all just paper cups and bits of string!!!!!!!!!

CCNA, CCDA, ACIS - Implement IP Office, ACSS - Implement IP Office, Convergence + etc...

does your SIP short code have a ; at the end of it. This makes the IPO wait a bit for end of dialling as SIP will only work en-bloc.

Jamie Green

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

the other option is to reduce the dial delay timer or finish your dialling with a #

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

Hi Jamie,

Thanks, I've got the N; so that's working fine. I checked the system again this morning. Strangely, 018... calls don't give much of an interdigit timeout which appears to be the source of the problem but when I do 019... they give me longer. Will try to move the dial delay out on the ARS and report back. btw there is just a ?. for outbound shortcode.

Cheers,

FisherPP

CCNA, CCDA, ACIS - Implement IP Office, ACSS - Implement IP Office, Convergence + etc...

? . N should not be used in the ARS but you need N; dial N
Set "check OOS" on the sip trunk if you need failover.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Hi Peter,

The ?. is the shortcode that sends calls to the ARS and the ARS itself contains the N; . It's not really failover that I need but rather the "alternate route" feature. Anyway, I've increased the dial delay to 4 seconds which seems to be doing the job but I'm still flumoxed as to why when I dial 018... , the dial delay was timing out after 1 second or so and with 019... I had longer to add digits to the outbound string. Any ideas anyone. Prize is a years supply of woolworths pick and mix to be obtained at your local branch. ;o)

Cheers,

FisherPP

P.S I wish I could figure out a way to filter the monitor output with 120 concurrent calls going through. Any tips anyone?

You need this system shortcode:

N
dial
N line id ARS

In the ARS you make this shortcode:

N;
dial
N
Line id trunk.

If 018 gives problems then try this:

018N;
dial
018N
line id trunk.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back