Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server Edition R9.1.1 License issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoneMan777

Programmer
Aug 1, 2010
US
I am installing a new Server edition with R9.1.1 I have a Primary, Secondary and IP500v2. I have all of the required license on the Primary server and have no issue registering phones to the Primary server. When I create users and exts on the secondary server or on the IP500v2 unit and try to log them in, they come up as unlicensed. It does not appear the Primary server is handing out license as it should. I have removed the secondary server and re-added it, but no luck. I have rebooted the entire solution a couple times but no luck. Has anyone else seen this? Thanks!

I had the same. Looks like a firewall between these two systems is blocking or changing the packets these systems exchange.

You can try to change the trunk type to WebSocket instead of proprietary. That worked for me.

Sadly, my SCN trunks are already set to WebSocket. I will try changing them to proprietary I guess just to see if that helps. Do you by chance think it is the firewall running on the Server edition? I can see there is a firewall enabled in web controls. Maybe I should disable it and test?

The IPO server's firewall should be open for IPO related services. I was thinking about a router between these two systems running a firewall or voip ALG.

If your trunk is already set to WebSocket you should take a look into SSA and/or SysMon if the trunk becomes connected or not and if not why not. Just to be sure... You secondary server points to the IP address of primary server under 'licenses'? And does it point to the same IP like your trunk does?

Yes the primary servers IP address is set on the "Remote Server" tab on both the secondary and the IP500v2. On the primary the remote server is set to 127.0.0.1 under license. The Systems are connected to the same switch so there shouldn't be a firewall blocking anything. But your license are working fine for secondary or expansions modules in R9.1.1? What's funny is the server editions license does get loaded onto the other systems but it will not do the same for Avaya or 3rd party endpoints.

Perhaps a stupid question... Do you have enough of them?

You can look into SSA under resources\network licenses how many of them are in use on which system.

I should be good on license. I have 100 plus Avaya endpoints and 20 3rd party endpoints. There are only a few phones registered as this is a new install.

Is your trunk full in service? Can you ping the trunk opposite site? Do you see alarms in SSA?

Sounds like you connected the systems so that secondary server and IP500 got their SE licenses. If the systems are disconnected the keep their licenses for 30 days. But the can't get any further licenses. So perhaps they have the SE licenses cached but no more connections to their license server (primary server).

Another option... You got 9.0 SE licenses but only one 9.1 SE Upgrade license.

It's a new install so there aren't any upgrade license. I do not see any alarms in SSA except that the secondary or IP500 are trying to use a feature that they are not licensed for: Avaya IP Endpoint. I assumed it was a bug, but if so, that would be a pretty big. But just to confirm, you do not have this issue on your R9.1.1 SE?

I have one at a customer site and it is working fine so far. But to be honest the two IP500 systems only use the SE licenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back