Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server Edition Primary/Secondary Server deployment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 25, 2013
GB
I am currently working on a design for a Server Edition with the primary on client HQ and secondary in a data centre.

If the primary go down (with the rest of the site) they will use the secondary server to work remotely using soft clients etc.

I am concerned about the link between the primary and secondary server as there is currently no link between customer HQ and data centre. I assume there needs to be some sort of VPN or PWAN in place to allow for the polling between the 2?

Many Thanks

yes, preferable low latency like a private MPLS circuit

Since 9.1 all the SCN traffic between SE nodes can be handled through a HTTPS tunnel. So it can work... But how will these soft clients connect to secondary server? You don't want to put your IPO (even if it is only the secondary server) directly into Internet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back