Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server Edition/Application Server Remote Access

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 25, 2013
GB
Hi Guys,

Historically we have always accessed sites remotely by either using ISDN dialup or via remote access to a PC on the same network using something like logmein or Teamviewer.

We are now starting to deploy both Linux based application servers and fully blown IPO Server edition where there is neither ISDN connection or a server/PC on site that we can access over the internet.

I understand that Avaya offer a SSL VPN service but from what I have read you can't use this without purchasing an Avaya VPN gateway? I have sites with IPOSS contracts and Avaya have their own SSL VPN to access the system if required. Am I able to use this service or is this connection exclusively for them?

Thanks in advance for any advise.

TelecomsTim, are you enduser or BP?
This service is primarily meant for Avaya and Business partners.
Avaya and the BP's more and more got locked out of systems as they got less and less standardized ways to access.
I guess being Avaya,in outage situations you do not want to have to fix the access issue first every time.
It seems they assume end-users have access to their own systems through their own WAN or VPN connections.
If you want to read up on how it works see this guide

We are an Avaya partner.

I have been speaking with a few contacts at this end and the general feedback I have is to use a Management PC or VPN into site using the clients firewall.

As far as I can see, the Avaya SSL VPN is primarily for their use unless you want to go to the hassle and expense of setting your own up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back