Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server Edition 11.1.2.3 Disk Space Full 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrimeABTech

Programmer
Aug 22, 2012
CA
I have a site that the Disk on a virtual Server Edition IPO is full. I have added 100M to the virtual, but the books say in web manager to update it to show 200G verus the original 100. Where does one change that?

How can I remove the files in the dev/sda3 where 98% of the storage is tied up?

Capture_r5b9ij.png

I did find in 7071 where to increase the partition size. Backed it up, stopped all services and its showing the extra storage, but would like to remove the files that are taking up all the space

This is usually where the drive fills up. Also, in One X. disable logging to prevent it from filling up again.

Example: rm -f /opt/Avaya/oneXportal/11.1.1100_21/apache-tomcat/logs/*
This is the command for One-X Portal 11.1.1.11 Build 21 to remove all One-X logs.
5. Start the One-X Portal service. service onexportal start

I've also found the Web Manager disk cache can sometimes get stupidly big after a while running, you may also find that /opt/WebManager/diskcache is taking up your space.

To remove the disk cache files you will need to:
[ul]
[li]Stop Web Manager: service WebManager stop[/li]
[li]Stop Apache: service apache-tomcat stop[/li]
[li]Delete disk cache files: rm -f /opt/WebManager/diskcache/*[/li]
[li]Start Apache: service apache-tomcat start[/li]
[li]Start Web Manager: service WebManager start[/li]
[/ul]

A handy command to find what is using up the most space:
Code:
du -ch --max-depth 1 | sort -hr

Run this command on your / directory, check what directory is using the most space, cd to that directory and run the command again to find the biggest file/folder.

Cheers,
BFG9K
Avaya IPO/ACCS Technician
Melbourne, Australia

Funny , I just finished an explanation for my collegueas for this:

A Server Edition low on diskspace can be caused by excessive logging on the server.
Linux logs: /var/log/audit (only via ssh, no sftp/winscp)
to remove: rm -rf audit.log.*
These audit log files can contain +GB's when snapshots are being made or the machine has been moved without proper VMotion settings.
Fix this by turning off snapshots in VMWare + reboot the IPO Server.
(monitor the server the following weeks to see if it fills up again.)

IPO / VMPro logs on Verbose ( check VoicemailPro logging settings and IPO logging in Webcontrol)

Apache Logs:
/opt/Avaya/apache-tomcat/logs/

General Avaya Logs:
/opt/Avaya/logs/
/opt/Avaya/scripts/logs
/opt/Avaya/uws_logs
/opt/Avaya/webRTC/logs
/opt/Avaya/ipocls/logs
/opt/Avaya/webRTC/MediaGw/logs
/opt/Avaya/webRTC/SigGw/logs
/opt/Avaya/apache-tomcat/logs

OneXPortal logs (even when not used)
/opt/Avaya/oneXportal/11.1.3000_26/apache-tomcat/logs
/opt/Avaya/oneXportal/openfire/logs
/opt/Avaya/oneXportal/backup/openfire/logs

VMPro Logs: opt/vmpro/logs
-> turn off Verbose Logging in VMPro Client or Webcontrol

WebControl: /opt/webcontrol/log

To many voicemail messages (very unlikely, check in SSA)

Remove old ISO's in the temp folder

Logs by WebControl: (useful when webcontrol Download page is not working)
IP Office Core Dumps: /var/IP Office WebControl generated Server Logs: /var/TCPdump / PCAP Location: /opt/Avaya/logs/tcpdump_pkgs

Hi,
my issue is a bit similar to primes. I have cleared logs and cache from disk, and it is at 80% right now. It will be full again soon because all recording are being stored in sda3. I can increase it storage as its VM, but I am fearful that just increasing the size of HD might disconnect media manager and won't read the partition & recordings.

Hi,

Avaya have published a solution for the log files been created in the folder /var/log/audit

However their solution is to run a script manually to clear out the log files

Below are SSH commands to create a script and run it on a schedule.

cd /var/log/audit (browse to folder)
mkdir deleteoldlog (make directory folder)
cd /var/log/audit/deleteoldlog (browse to new directory folder)
nano delete-old-log-script.sh (to create and edit the new script file)

find /var/log/audit/*.* -mtime +7 -type f -delete (enter this into the script file, the +7 can be adjusted depending on how many days you want to keep files for)

Ctrl+X (save)
Y (to confirm the changes)
Enter (to save and exit)

chmod +x delete-old-log-script.sh (give correct permissions to script)
./delete-old-log-script.sh
cd /var/log/audit (return to the folder)
"rm" * (optional, you can run this to delete all files in the folder currently, it should advise the folder created cannot be deleted, which is what you want as that folder contains the script)

crontab -e (to access scheduled script files)

i (Scroll to the last entry and press i to insert/edit)

00 3 * * 1 /var/log/audit/deleteoldlog/delete-old-log-script.sh (create a new line and add to the last line in the file, to run the script on a schedule. Do not delete any existing line entries)

Esc (press Esc to stop editing)
:wq (enter to save the file)

to chime in, on older versions there was a bug where "nohup.out" files would fill up the drive. One had to search the disk for all instances and delete them. There would be one in the root, but a few others scattered around too.

New England Communications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back