Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server Driver Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 16, 2003
US
We have an application that connects to a Windows SQL server 2005 using SQL server accounts.
Certain parts of the application throw this error

"-2147467259 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] could not find server 'server name' in sys.servers. Verify that the correct server name was specified. If necessary, execute the stored procedure sp_addlinkedserver to add the server to sys.servers."

Now our application works fine in other SQL server 2k5 installations so I am not sure what may be different with this one.
I have also tried running teh application connected at the SA account and I still receive this error.

Any possible insight would be appreciated.
Also if more info is needed please let me know.

The name that is referenced is the machine name of the SQL server. I cannot link the local server.

yes that is the only entry however the server name in the error message is totally different than what that server_id 0 has in the name. I assume this is an issue?

As by chance it did. You are a life saver. We were able to get it resolved because of this. Never would have thought to do that simple step...UGH.. now i know.
Once again Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back