Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server crashing during backups

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaksen112

Programmer
Jan 25, 2002
US
My Exchange (win2k advanced) server occasionaly reboots itself during a backup of the info store, The only trace I find is the event log entry of "the previous system shutdown at xx:xx AM was unexpected"

is there any other logs or traces of why the server might be re-booting that I can find? 01110000

What backup software are you using? Who is the manufacturer of your server and backup device? What W2K Service Pack are you running? What type of backup device do you have (i.e. DLT or DAT autoloader, single DAT or DLT drive)? Is your backup software installed on the same server that is crashing?

Check your backup software logs, and compare to the event log crash time to see what happened prior to the crash.

Go into the properties of "My Computer" and under start up and recovery, make sure the box that says automatially re-boot is unchecked. You will still have problems probably, but it shouldn't re-boot. Good Luck. Glen A. Johnson
Microsoft Certified Professional
glen@nellsgiftbox.com
[americanflag]
"Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood."
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 - 1882); US philosopher, poet, essayist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back